Consulting

Thread: Solved: if (RC[1]) = 1 then "=TEXT(RC[-1],""MMM/YY"")"

VBAX Regular
    Solved: if (RC[1]) = 1 then "=TEXT(RC[-1],""MMM/YY"")"

here we are,

I have dates in Column A or RC1, and in Column B I need the results of "=Text9RC[-1],"MMM/YY")"

This needs to take place if Column A has a value. if it is null I do not want an entry in Column B

her is my question I have I know that I have to set code to check column a for a 1 value. if it true then next cell. this can be performed also as a fill down, but only as far as A has a value.

Can someone give an example that I can look at I i understand how to just look at a single cell

I have this that deletes a row if the value is 0

I understand how it is working for the most part.
    [vba]Set rng = Range(ws.Rows(1), Rows(ws.Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeLastCell).Row()))
    For Rw = rng.Rows.Count To 1 Step -1
    If Application.WorksheetFunction.CountA(rng.Rows(Rw).EntireRow) = 0 Then
    rng.Rows(Rw).EntireRow.Delete
    End If
    Next Rw[/vba]

Distinguished Lord of VBAX VBAX Grand Master Bob Phillips's Avatar

Set rng = Range(ws.Rows(1), Rows(ws.Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeLastCell).Row()))
    rng.Columns(2).FormulaR1C1 = "=IF(RC[-1]="""","""",TEXT(RC[-1],""MMM/YY""))"
    [/vba]

Abusus non tollit usum

Last night I dreamed of a small consolation enjoyed only by the blind: Nobody knows the trouble I've not seen!
    James Thurber

VBAX Regular
    HAHA ok i'm starting to understand

XLD,

Thanks,

it did not work the first run, until I took a closer look at what I was doing. was using in a different sub that had the variant for so as sht.

Ok so looking at this I see that the range is set as ws that would be the active worksheet, row 1 checks if 1 or 0 value for the cells then if true then inserts the foumula in the cells in column 2.

Correct?

[VBA]Set rng = Range(ws.Rows(1), Rows(ws.Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeLastCell).Row()))
    rng.Columns(2).FormulaR1C1 = "=IF(RC[-1]="""","""",TEXT(RC[-1],""MMM/YY""))" [/VBA]

Distinguished Lord of VBAX VBAX Grand Master Bob Phillips's Avatar
    No, it inserts a formula in all rows, but the formula checks whether A is blank or not.

Abusus non tollit usum

Last night I dreamed of a small consolation enjoyed only by the blind: Nobody knows the trouble I've not seen!
    James Thurber