Consulting

Thread: VBA code to search within Visio Drawings

VBAX Newbie
    VBA code to search within Visio Drawings

Firstly I'm new to this forum, so apoligies if I've posted in the wrong place.

I do have some experience with VBA code but my current challenge is way beyond me.

I have a very large Visio Drawing with Multiple pages in which I can search quite easily but here's the challenge, the file is now so large it is unusable so I've decided to split it into single pages but now I can't search across all of them.

I have managed to find 2 pieces of code, 1 will search all Word doc's and the other will search all Excel files.

Would it be possible to create the same but search all Visio files in a particular Folder?

If so how can it be done?

Many thanks

Distinguished Lord of VBAX VBAX Grand Master Bob Phillips's Avatar
    What does the current searching code do, open the docs one by one then do a search?

If so, just change the filetype to a Visio doc, and open it however you open Visio docs in VBA.

Abusus non tollit usum

Last night I dreamed of a small consolation enjoyed only by the blind: Nobody knows the trouble I've not seen!
    James Thurber

VBAX Newbie
    This is the code I found yesterday that works for Excel and I just wanted to know if anyone had created one for Visio.

kb articale 159 (not allowed to past links yet) its titled
    Search and Report All Occurrences of a Word

I searched but can't find anything.
    Last edited by mdmackillop; 04-12-2008 at 02:33 AM. Reason: Link added