Consulting

Thread: Freezing Sheet Tabs - xl97

VBAX Contributor
    Freezing Sheet Tabs - xl97

Hi,

According to this post in MrExcel http://www.mrexcel.com/board2/viewtopic.php?t=99507, freezing sheet tabs is not possible. is that really so, can code not be written to always make sure that the tab of your choice is always, say, the left-most tab.?

Damo
    You cannot solve all the world's major problems using only potatoes. :- Adams

http://www.vbaexpress.com

Edit: OHHHHhhh... you mean keep it at left like a frozen pane of cells...

Yeah, that sounds a little more difficult.

Typically, if I need to do somthing like that I just add a custom toolbar to the bottom of the workbook and put buttons on it to navigate to the appropriate sheets. Pretty much the same effect.

You can't freeze them, although you could most likely build code to set the worksheet index to 1, everytime they are changed. The other option would be to hide the tabs via code, using xlveryhidden.

Add this to the Thisworkbook level of the vbe to prevent a change to a different worksheet.

Private Sub Workbook_SheetDeactivate(ByVal Sh As Object)
    ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets(1).Select
    End Sub
    HTH
    Cal

PS- I just did a test, and it stops them from changing to ws other then index 1, but index 1 can be changed by draggin the sheet tabs. I would suggest using a sheetname instead. Then protect the workbook to prevent changing of the name.

Private Sub Workbook_SheetDeactivate(ByVal Sh As Object)
    ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("Sheet1").Select
    End Sub
    The most difficult errors to resolve are the one's you know you didn't make.

Administrator
    Chat VP

Option Explicit

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
    ActiveWorkbook.Protect Structure:=True, Windows:=False
    End Sub
    You know you're really in trouble when the light at the end of the tunnel turns out to be the headlight of a train hurtling towards you

The major part of getting the right answer lies in asking the right question...

Made your code more readable, use VBA tags (this automatically inserts [vba] at the start of your code, and [/vba ] at the end of your code) | Help those helping you by marking your thread solved when it is.

VBAX Contributor

Just so you know, I wrote a thank you a couple 'o days ago, but I can't have submitted it properly. Anyhow... Aaron and Cbrine got my meaning correctly - I want to freeze only some of the sheet tabs - or even just one.

Cbrine, your code does is good enough for my needs, so thanks. And thanks everyone else for your input.

Damo
    You cannot solve all the world's major problems using only potatoes. :- Adams

http://www.vbaexpress.com