Consulting

Thread: formname.PrintForm disables msgbox

VBAX Newbie
    formname.PrintForm disables msgbox

Hi,

I've come across a problem in Excel '97 vba where the following line of code disables message boxes that I've embedded in the code.

formname.PrintForm

When I comment it out, there's no problem. I've tried the same process on a colleague's machine with Excel 2003 and everything works.

Can anyone please tell me if there's a patch that resolves this issue in '97, or if there's a line of code that would enable the message boxes?

Application.DisplayAlerts = True has been tried and failed.

Many thanks

ief

Knowledge Base Approver VBAX Master Oorang's Avatar
    Does me.Printform cause the same issue? What actually happens when the msgbox tried to execute? Can you reproduce the error on other machines with 97?
    Cordially,
    Aaron

Keep Our Board Clean!
    • Please Mark your thread "Solved" if you get an acceptable response (under thread tools).
    • Enclose your code in VBA tags then it will be formatted as per the VBIDE to improve readability.

VBAX Newbie

Thanks for your response. me.Printform does cause the same issue. Tried this on a number of machines with 97, and had the same problem. It's beginning to look like an Excel glitch....

The code continues to run following the print. The first message box flashes up and closes down in a instant without user intervention, and no further message boxes appear until Excel is closed and re-opened.

Thanks again

ief

Distinguished Lord of VBAX VBAX Grand Master Bob Phillips's Avatar

Abusus non tollit usum

Last night I dreamed of a small consolation enjoyed only by the blind: Nobody knows the trouble I've not seen!
    James Thurber