Consulting

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Solved: Object Library Not Registered

VBAX Mentor
    I have marked this thread as Solved as my problem has been solved.

The problem raised by fumei regarding failure after a clean install of Office belongs in a separate thread.

VBAX Wizard

Just as a bit of curiousity. I have found ONE reference that will persist. Microsoft Office Runtime Type Library...big deal. It absolutely refuses to let me set a reference to VBA Extensibility, or Excel, or Access - this is from Word.

from Excel, it will not let be set references to Word, Access

etc etc

I also (!) can set references from VB 6.0. So I can not make any executables, or COMs that use references.

I wrote a little VB app that runs a command line that un-registered every single DLL, one by one, and re-registered them.

Nothing changed.

I can not make any references. I would love to run a test of your code, but....I can not make a line like VBIDE.Reference, but alas.

I am not sure you should have this marked as "Solved". it sure as %$#@ is not solved for me.

VBAX Mentor
    I only have 2002.

Just as a bit of curiousity. I have found ONE reference that will persist. Microsoft Office Runtime Type Library...big deal. It absolutely refuses to let me set a reference to VBA Extensibility, or Excel, or Access - this is from Word.

from Excel, it will not let be set references to Word, Access

etc etc

I also (!) can set references from VB 6.0. So I can not make any executables, or COMs that use references.

I wrote a little VB app that runs a command line that un-registered every single DLL, one by one, and re-registered them.

Nothing changed.

I can not make any references. I would love to run a test of your code, but....I can not make a line like VBIDE.Reference, but alas.

I am not sure you should have this marked as "Solved". it sure as %$#@ is not solved for me.
    i marked this thread as solved because the cause was clear and the problem solved.

your problem would appear to be a faulty office/word install.

the real test is to start with an fdisked drive, install an os, then install office. if you then still have the problem, only msft may be able to help. however, this belongs in a separate thread. it's a different problem.

VBAX Wizard
    Howard, I understand that you have been trying to have my posts removed from this thread. Except the one that acknowledges that it is not your file that is the problem. I had the good grace to make that acknowledgement.

Your attempt to do this indicates a sense of poor taste, and as I have previous posted, a regretful ignorance on your part to maintain even a modicum of attention to what other are saying.

This post thread is titled "Object library not registered". In my first post I mentioned that I believed the issue was related to your other thread regarding references.

If you did not think it was appropriate for me to post here, that my post were inappropriate, then you had your chance then. To attempt to do so now indicates a weak, egocentric, and rather cowardly pathetic effort to dance away from the issues raised here.

The post further developed - as posts do - into your mention Eraser, and re-install of Office, etc etc. If your evolution of the thread is acceptable, them mine are as well. - Oh, but does that only apply to you? Are posts that directly continue thread contents only appropriate if YOU find them acceptable?

Again, I had the grace to acknowledge an error. You seem incapable of acknowledging anything other than a exaggerated sense of your own self worth. A worth that certainly is not validated by the code you write.

Generally I ignore "reputations", as they most often are distortions. Yours appears to be quite accurate.

One of the signs of slight maturity is an indication and willingness to listen. I asked for your thoughts, and I think this indicated that I was willing to listen. Your responses indicated that you did not listen at all. I even repeated and asked again. You apparently still are not listening.

To attempt to have my posts removed is a weak gesture.

Take a step back, pause, take a breath and listen. This thread is either still open, NOT solved, or if you want to really hide - ask that it be completely removed. Your reputation makes me make guess which way you would prefer that choice to go. However, as mentioned, I am reluctant to accept "reps". So the choice is yours.

Kill this thread completely, or UNsolve it and continue? The ball is your, sir.

VBAX Mentor
    Howard, I understand that you have been trying to have my posts removed from this thread. Except the one that acknowledges that it is not your file that is the problem. I had the good grace to make that acknowledgement.

Your attempt to do this indicates a sense of poor taste, and as I have previous posted, a regretful ignorance on your part to maintain even a modicum of attention to what other are saying.

This post thread is titled "Object library not registered". In my first post I mentioned that I believed the issue was related to your other thread regarding references.

If you did not think it was appropriate for me to post here, that my post were inappropriate, then you had your chance then. To attempt to do so now indicates a weak, egocentric, and rather cowardly pathetic effort to dance away from the issues raised here.

The post further developed - as posts do - into your mention Eraser, and re-install of Office, etc etc. If your evolution of the thread is acceptable, them mine are as well. - Oh, but does that only apply to you? Are posts that directly continue thread contents only appropriate if YOU find them acceptable?

Again, I had the grace to acknowledge an error. You seem incapable of acknowledging anything other than a exaggerated sense of your own self worth. A worth that certainly is not validated by the code you write.

Generally I ignore "reputations", as they most often are distortions. Yours appears to be quite accurate.

One of the signs of slight maturity is an indication and willingness to listen. I asked for your thoughts, and I think this indicated that I was willing to listen. Your responses indicated that you did not listen at all. I even repeated and asked again. You apparently still are not listening.

To attempt to have my posts removed is a weak gesture.

Take a step back, pause, take a breath and listen. This thread is either still open, NOT solved, or if you want to really hide - ask that it be completely removed. Your reputation makes me make guess which way you would prefer that choice to go. However, as mentioned, I am reluctant to accept "reps". So the choice is yours.

Kill this thread completely, or UNsolve it and continue? The ball is your, sir.
    You've been misinformed.

I never asked for the posts to be removed.
    I asked for relevant posts to be COPIED to a new thread.
    Instead, one of the moderators removed the posts and I requested that the posts be put back.

I just do not want anyone to have to wade thru all the posts to address your problem, which, according to you, results from a clean install, so has nothing to do with the problem I raised.

Check your facts before you blame anyone for anything.

Clearly, if you indeed did a clean install of windoze and Office on a clean disk, then your problem is with the installation and only MSFT can help.

I'll not respond further to your comments.

The following is what I requested:

"I was thinking that the following would have minimal impact.

I would not move any of the postings.
    The postings where fumei admits that my samples had nothing to do with his problem must remain in the thread,

Just add a post at the end of the thread stating that a new thread has been started.

I would clear the clutter by starting a separate thread that discussed the issue arising after the clean install of windows and office.

If he really is doing a clean install of windows and office and encountering the stated problem, I do not expect that any discussion will help. He would need to call MSFT."

I'm unsubscribing from this thread.