Consulting

Thread: MS Office Spellchecker override

VBAX Newbie
    MS Office Spellchecker override

Hi
    I'm trying to implement a Greek spellchecker and syntax analyzer in microsoft office. I've build the .dot files and dll's and program is working fine on any ms office version from 97 to 2003. The problem is when I try to load my template to an office installation with Greek proofing tools.

The spellchecker works like this: when you highlight a text and press F7 the spellchecker comes up. If the text is in english the normal spellchecker that comes with office is used. If the text is Greek, my spellchecker is chosen instead of the office one automatically.

However if I install my template on an office installation which already has greek proofing tools, when I press F7 with greek text selected my spellchecker doesn't come up anymore. It uses the office one (with the greek dictionary from proofing tools) and I cannot seem to override it.

Does anyone know a possible to solution to this?

Thanks in advance
    Nik

Knowledge Base Approver
    Space Cadet
    Have you got the code to show what your doing? it might be as simple as an if statement to fix or maybe more complex

VBAX Newbie
    Have you got the code to show what your doing? it might be as simple as an if statement to fix or maybe more complex
    My problem doesn't have to do with the program itself i think but more with the office API. Somehow i need to find a way to override the default greek lexico tools and use mine instead.

Knowledge Base Approver
    check your event procedure and see what the dictionary is set to as well

something like below although I'm not too sure on office api calls and events

[vba]

Private Sub KeyPressed(variables)

If KeyPressed = "F7" Then
    If isEnglish(Selection.Text) Then
    use standard office spellchecker dictionary
    Elseif isGreek(Selection.Text)
    use my spellchecker dictionary
    End if
    CheckTheWordOut
    End If

End Sub

[/vba]