Consulting

Thread: Solved: Possible to lock format?

Solved: Possible to lock format?

Last edited by SallysPizza; 04-17-2008 at 09:40 AM.

VBAX Wizard

I did ask a real question. However my need for an answer disappeared and since I didn't see a way to delete the thread, I just edited it out completely.

Please post your solution instead of deleting your question. It's a share information website so many will be here searching for a solution to the same problem. If you just found a way around it then just post us a note to that effect. Thanks

Also if your question is resolved you can mark your own thread solved using the thread tools at the top of the page.
    Steve
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Apologies. What I was trying to do was keep users from changing the formatting of the text since it has an effect on the timing (voice-over copy). I found you can protect a document for style changes. Tools > Protect Document... > Checking the first option "Limit formatting (...)"; then click on "Settings" to select the allowed styles. This is available in Word 2003 and later but I use Word 2002 at work and this option isn't available. I discoverfed it when I got home.

Again, sorry. I should have posted this instead of deleting it.