Consulting

Thread: Change the amount of characters to appear on the status bar

Change the amount of characters to appear on the status bar

Hi would anyone know how you could change the limit on the amount of characters to appear on the status bar?

I currently have an

Application.StatusBar = "....Quite a few characters will appear here..."

I can't shorten them as they are necessary here.

If it means changing something in the registry so be it!

Knowledge Base Approver VBAX Master Oorang's Avatar
    I'm not sure if this is what you mean but you could truncate the text to the status bar like this:

[VBA] Application.StatusBar = Left$("....Quite a few characters will appear here...",25)[/VBA]
    Cordially,
    Aaron

Keep Our Board Clean!
    • Please Mark your thread "Solved" if you get an acceptable response (under thread tools).
    • Enclose your code in VBA tags then it will be formatted as per the VBIDE to improve readability.

Thanks for that but it looks like it only contains 130 spaces altogether,

I have to fit in 160, i know it sounds a lot but there is still plenty of room on the status bar. If i go over 130 it will only display those 130.

There probably isn't any way around it.

VBAX Wizard
    Interesting. I rarely ever use the Statusbar, as I have found people do not look at it.

It depends on your screen resolution for one thing. If you reduce the resolution, you get less characters.

That being said, I can get up to a maximum of 140 characters regardless of resolution. I can find no information on the length of characters that will display. It does not show up on the Limitations of Word listing.

Knowledge Base Approver VBAX Master Oorang's Avatar
    oh! I misunderstood what you wanted. I don't think you can without completly replacing it. And to do that you would have to use the API (read: pain in the neck). I'd suggest just making a form that has a Status Bar object and a textbox that will display the status while the program is running.
    Cordially,
    Aaron

Keep Our Board Clean!
    • Please Mark your thread "Solved" if you get an acceptable response (under thread tools).
    • Enclose your code in VBA tags then it will be formatted as per the VBIDE to improve readability.

VBAX Wizard