Consulting

Thread: Automatically deleting previous days alertmail on receipt of current days alertmail

VBAX Regular
    Automatically deleting previous days alertmail on receipt of current days alertmail

Hi all, I've developed some scripts that, on a daily basis, assesses the data in various databases and, if the data is not compliant with certain standards, fires an alertmail to a group mailbox containing a snapshot of the data that does not comply (and only that data - i.e. not ALL database data).

The email always comes from the same address and it's subject is always the same except for the last few characters, which denote the database in which the non-compliant data is held.

Now, I could spend a few minutes every day deleting the previous emails, but I wondered whether there was a slicker way of doing this - by having a rule where, on receipt of an alertmail specifying a database, all previous emails are scanned and if the same database has been alerted previously, then the previous email gets deleted.

I've checked the rules and I can't see how to do this. Bear in mind, though I'm a beginner at VBA, I'm well and truly in the dark regards how Outlook makes use of VBA.

Thanks for looking.

I think in hindsight the problem was in my coding.

VBAX Regular

I think in hindsight the problem was in my coding.