Consulting

Thread: Excel and Mainframe apps

VBAX Mentor
    Exclamation Excel and Mainframe apps

Hi,

Is it possible to access the datas in mainframe application from excel using macros.

The data to be retrieved depends on the specific fields in excel. It should search for the entry in mainframe application and display the contents coresponding to that in the excel..

-Sindhuja

It kind of depends what the mainframe application is, and if it has an avenue to do so. If it is SQL compliant, then probably, if you have the correct connection string. If not, it may be something you'd want to ask the provider.
    Ken Puls, CMA - Microsoft MVP (Excel)
    I hate it when my computer does what I tell it to, and not what I want it to.

Learn how to use our KB tags! -||- Ken's Excel Website -||- Ken's Excel Forums -||- My Blog -||- Excel Training Calendar

This is a shameless plug for my new book "RibbonX - Customizing the Office 2007 Ribbon". Find out more about it here!

Help keep VBAX clean! Use the 'Thread Tools' menu to mark your own threads solved!

Which mainframe is it....you can scrape data off the front end (black/green screens)...!.??

VBAX Mentor

The application i used to extract data is from a black screen..
    Any help on this will be highly helpful...

-Sindhuja