Consulting

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Automating some functions

hmmm I like what your doing

If you ever get it to work...would you think about sending it to me. I dont need it right now but i would like to know and would like to learn from it. I know what its like creating something for about 6 months and your proud of it extremely. So its up to you if you want to send it to me my email is: (email removed by Dreamboat)

gonnahave to sent you a case of beer for this. You are working yer (explict word here).

Site Admin
    The Princess
    No. Emailing from Excel should stay right here. We've got code to do that. Just let me know what you need.

Dax: Please don't post your email like that; the bots will pick it up and spam you to death. If you make sure you can accept personal messages here under User CP--options, and you make sure you're receiving instant email notifications, you'll likely be just about as informed as anyone when that workbook is complete. You'll also find we offer email addresses @VBAExpress.com, just in case you'd rather keep your personal/work email address separate. Just PM me with a password; you'd be DaxtonA@ (here). I've removed your email address from your post.
    ~Anne Troy

The Auto Email Question

OK what i need the next step to this super sheet to do is to Automatically email the sheet to the company as a way of notifying how much is going to be paid.

What I would like to do is have the spreadsheet open up a new mail (outlook is always open so no need to open the program) with the correct email addy from my contacts list (in Outlook), put the subject line "placed in line for payment (date of email) and finally to attach itself to the email and hit send.

you think you can do it?

If so there is more (if and ONLY if i can recreate or import the Access form - I would like the Email button to perform an automated Form and print it out before it starts the Email function * same button though as i want the email to coincide with sending to accounting*)

Eek

Thank you for telling me that. Im a newb too pretty much. I used to know alot about VB & VBA but since I had a hemirage last August I have to learn it all over again. But i will try to remember that & Thank you for telling me that and for taking my email off of there. The only thing that I have a problem with is remembering short term things. Like if i try to remember something about 7 times by repeating or seeing it over and over, I have a better chance of remembering it.

Im sorry

Site Admin
    The Princess VBAX Guru Anne Troy's Avatar
    Are you going to choose one from your contacts list? I thought you were going to put a list of email addies on a worksheet? I mean...if the email addy is known beforehand, it would of course be easier to do it that way. You could even hide the sheet that the email addies are on...
    ~Anne Troy

Site Admin
    No apologies necessary, Dax. But now that we know, we'll do our best to help you even more.
    ~Anne Troy

I can make a sheet but then would need to generate away to have it update itself when new companies are brought in.

I tried exporting the contacts into XL but found that it didn't bring over the street addresses and such and I will need them for the form.

I guess I will just take the time to make a spreadsheet.

One thing though is if I am going to be using a spreadsheet I would need to have the VBA acknowledge when an address is not found for a given company (a new one or an expert's company - they don't work enough to warrant their own default spreadsheet). I would like the VBA to run a form (which would be used to enter the new Company info onto the addy spreadsheet) and then finish once the new info is entered.

LOL this sheet is gonna have a mass of buttons on it.

ok here is the sample Email sheet. Once you have it we can work on getting the code to do what I need it to do.

Site Admin
    Ok. So you're only going to send it to one person?
    Or anyone whose email address is listed in Sheet1!I2:I65536?

~Anne Troy

Anyone listed. The Firm name will match the names used in sheets 2 & 3. Unless it is a new company.

If it is new we need a way to add it to the list with out going directly to the email sheet ( which will probably be hidden).

Site Admin
    So. You should probably have a userform that allows entry of a new company then...?
    ~Anne Troy

Nope not yet threw that spreadsheet together so you could see it. WIll work on Userform tomorrow at work

here is a better form it also includes the user form. just select A# and then data/form.

Site Admin
    I have called rcbricker on the phone and he's going to fax and email some stuff. It sounds like we may be able to just emulate the form in an Excel file and be done with it.

Will keep all informed.
    ~Anne Troy

here are a couple sheets that we may need.

The policy sheet is to automate the Policy info

The State list is for umm...states make it easier to manually enter an address i guess

The Payment for is to make a list box on the form for the Payment for line (upper right box first line).

Site Admin
    Okay. What we have here are several workbooks, which can all be combined into one. I've got the form and I'm making it. Have sent a piece of it to rcbricker to see if it's close so I can continue. If they truly want it EXACT EXACT then we have a little tweaking, but just looking at the hard copy and my screen, they're already darn close.

As for the data file, we're going to have to do something different there, and one of the coders will be able to help with that.

You and I should get your workbook figured out, then upload it here for coding.

I need to know...you sent me one workbook for Acme company. How many companies are there? Your current layout isn't good if you want to be able to review this data...
    ~Anne Troy

Site Admin
    Found out that there's multiple companies; like 150 of them, and rc keeps these in their own files. I told him we ought to put them in one worksheet and then automate, at the end of the month, the extraction of data to individual files for storage...

It's dawned on me that we are working with the assumption that you're going to continue to copy and paste from this other file that you receive.

Can I get a sample of that file? Perhaps there's no reason for you to copy and paste...
    ~Anne Troy

ok by the end of the day I will have uploaded a couple files so that you all can see what I am talking about Dream has been chastising me about my lack of detail. So give me a couple hours and we will have some stuff to look at.

Allrighty

I wanna Thank you both if I haven't already done this for helping me out so much. Your not like everybody else i tell you that.

Daxton