Consulting

Thread: Spreadsheet maintainance automation required?

VBAX Regular
    Spreadsheet maintainance automation required?

Hello
    I have a database spreadsheet that I need to merge with another database, sorted and then have all of the duplicate rows deleted. In my database there is an area for comments (column H) where I have noted my research and this is the row that I want to make sure is left and not deleted.
    Using the enclosed attachment I would like to sort using the information from Columns B, D, and E, I would also like to use the same colums as comparisions and if any rows were found to be the same I would like to have Column H be the determining factor of which row gets deleted, keeping the row that has comments and deleting the other.

Bear in mind that I am still new to macros and while I can write and/or record basic code I am still learning. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

As a side note, I have a spreadsheet maintainance job that I know a macro can be written for but is going to be fairly complex. if anyone out there would like to discuss a paid job please IM me so that I can discuss what i need done.

Moderator VBAX Guru Simon Lloyd's Avatar
    Regards,
    Simon
    Please read this before cross posting!
    In the unlikely event you didn't get your answer here try Microsoft Office Discussion @ The Code Cage
    If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.
    Isaac Newton, Letter to Robert Hooke, February 5, 1675 English mathematician & physicist (1642 - 1727)