I am using Outlook 2003 to access a web mail server and have written vba code to list all folders and the number of mail items within each folder. Generally, when I click on each folder it is refreshed and will report the correct number of mail items stored. Because I have nearly 50 folders I wrote some code in an attempt to have them refreshed automatically. I was given information that setting each folder to Application.ActiveExplorer.CurrentFolder was equivalent to clicking on each folder. The code is as follows:
[vba]
Sub RefreshFolders()
Dim ol as Outlook.Application
Dim dfld as Object
Dim sfld as MAPIFolder
Set ol = New Outlook.Application
Set dfld =Application.GetNamespace("mapi").PickFolder
For each sfld In dfld.Folders
Set Application.ActiveExplorer.CurrentFolder = sfld
Next sfld
End Sub
[/vba]
This cycles through each folder but does not produce the required results in that the correct number of mail items is not displayed for folders that have changed. This I have proved by running the code, taking a listing then going back and manually selecting folders and taking another listing which then displays different results which could be higher or even lower (if I have deleted items within the web mail system).

One thing I wondered about was if enough time was given between refreshing each folder in the cycle and pehaps if I introduced a delay that might allow sufficient time for the information to be downloaded but I'm not sure how this would be acheived. Perhaps I barking up the wrong tree but I would welcome any advice which might help me achieve my goal.

Thanks.