Consulting

Thread: Solved: Using VBA to Automate Attachmate Extra! X-Treme

Solved: Using VBA to Automate Attachmate Extra! X-Treme

I want to use Access to build a maco that automates a terminal session using Attachmate Extra! X-Treme. The problem is that the documentation that comes with the program sucks.

Also all of the examples on Attachmate's website are for VB6, not VBA. So, when I downloaded one, I couldn't do anything to/with it, because I don't have VB6.

I was hoping that someone out there uses this program and could point me toward some good resources/documentation for using VBA for automation.

Since I'm going to do this via Access I've also cross-posted this here: http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19534
    -Randy Shea
    I'm a programmer, but I'm also pro-grammar!
    If your issue is resolved, please use Thread Tools to mark your thread as Solved!

PODA (Professional Office Developers Association) | Certifiable | MOS: Access 2003

FWIW: You can open the .bas file and the .frm file in notepad. then cut and paste into your project. The frm file is a form you would need to recreate, but everything is layed out so you shouldn't have any problems.
    If you want I can port it over for you tonight, but I can't test it.

HTH

FWIW: You can open the .bas file and the .frm file in notepad.
    I did not know that! I opened it up and now I can actually see the code! Thanks a lot

NinjaEdit: After viewing the examples I've got this puppy up and running. My test macro was a success.
    Last edited by CreganTur; 05-15-2008 at 09:32 AM.
    -Randy Shea
    I'm a programmer, but I'm also pro-grammar!
    If your issue is resolved, please use Thread Tools to mark your thread as Solved!

PODA (Professional Office Developers Association) | Certifiable | MOS: Access 2003