Consulting

Thread: Attachment Views

VBAX Expert
    Attachment Views

this is not really a VBA question although it might lead to some VBA ...

I am running Outlook2000 (I know, get with the program!). Attachements to emails received are often shown in a separate window at the bottom of the text window. ol2K supports 3 views of this information: small icon, large icon and list. The list option presently provides ~ 32 characters of file name for each file including a fair number consumed with attachment size. Is there any way to "expand" or reformat the list option so that I can see more of the file name for each attachment? I am working with a company that has a file nameing convention where the first 25 or so characters are hieroglyphics and the useful stuff starts about char posn 30. I can easily write a proc to interogate the email object and list any attachments, but then I have to match the list to the hieroglyphics to select anything.
    "It's not just the due date that's important, it's also the do date" [MWE]

When your problem has been resolved, mark the thread SOLVED by clicking on the Thread Tools dropdown menu at the top of the thread.

Knowledge Base Approver VBAX Master Oorang's Avatar
    Unless there is a reg hack I don't know about, I don't believe that's an option. You could roll your own in vba as you suggested. Here is a very simple one. It assumes you already have the email open.
    [VBA]Public Sub ViewAttachments()
    Dim objTest As Object
    Dim mi As Outlook.MailItem
    Dim attch As Outlook.Attachment
    Dim strMsg As String
    Set objTest = Outlook.ActiveInspector.CurrentItem
    If TypeName(objTest) <> "MailItem" Then
    Exit Sub
    End If
    Set mi = objTest
    Set objTest = Nothing
    For Each attch In mi.Attachments
    strMsg = strMsg & attch.FileName & vbNewLine
    Next
    Set mi = Nothing
    If LenB(strMsg) Then
    MsgBox strMsg
    End If
    End Sub[/VBA]
    Cordially,
    Aaron

Keep Our Board Clean!
    • Please Mark your thread "Solved" if you get an acceptable response (under thread tools).
    • Enclose your code in VBA tags then it will be formatted as per the VBIDE to improve readability.