Consulting

Thread: Outlook 2003 auto reply

Outlook 2003 auto reply

I was just wondering if anyone knows how to set up auto reply only when i OPEN an email not when i receive it.

I'm using exchange server and outlook 2003.

Thank you for your help.

Knowledge Base Approver VBAX Master Oorang's Avatar
    Welcome to the board. AFAIK Outlook does not specify a "MailOpen" event. Probably the second best solution would be to give your self a custom button that you can just click when you open the mail. But if wanted to do a little more work you could replace the open buttons in the interface with ones that call a MailOpen event then execute the Open action (or vice-versa) but that won't help you if you (like me) just double click the item.

Edit: Another thing that might work, but would be a little more advanced, would be to this:
    In the startup event record the "Opened" status of every item. Start a timer that calls a function that updates the status. If the status is different now then it was on startup then call your MailOpen sub. Kill the timer on close.
    Cordially,
    Aaron

Keep Our Board Clean!
    • Please Mark your thread "Solved" if you get an acceptable response (under thread tools).
    • Enclose your code in VBA tags then it will be formatted as per the VBIDE to improve readability.