Consulting

Thread: XLD: Thank you

Site Admin
    Urban Myth
    VBAX Guru
    XLD: Thank you

If you are a member here at VBAX, then you know the name of the user who goes by xld, otherwise known to us as Bob. He is quite an extraordinary man. In the history of VBAX, there has never been a poster quite like Bob. He is in fact the first member ever to hit 10,000 posts (see here).

The staff here at VBAX have been long discussing our dear friend Bob for quite some time. We are all of the mind that he is an outstanding contributor to these forums, and we are certain VBAX would not be what it is today without the help of Bob. This is a community, a group of users who give our time and expertise freely, and appreciate the friendly atmosphere here at VBAX. Certainly we wanted to show our appreciation - even before he hit the 10k post count - but were unsure as to what would actually show how deeply humbled and grateful we were for everything he does here.

We decided to give Bob a custom user title. This was, of course, without his permission (my favorite way ). He is user 2139, he is xld, he is Bob, and he is my very dear friend. He is VBAX.

Bob, from the very bottom of my American heart, thank you very much for everything. You are indeed, in as much of the definition as I could ever think, a gentleman and a scholar.

Cheers Bob.

oh

Dang, I really like Bob too but his head is going to be so big he won't be able to get through the door.....

I agree with everything you said Zack. Bob is a generous and patient benefactor.
    Steve
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
    -Abraham Lincoln

VBAX Contributor
    Since joining this forum, my general understanding of VBA and XL has improved thanks to Bob's help and many others.

I would like to express my sincere thanks to Bob for all the help he has given.

Since joining this forum, I have been stunned by how many times Bob answers queries.

Hail Hail Bob!
    I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order.
    Eric Morecambe

I agree with you Zack.

Bob has helped me a lot in this forum. In-fact he has helped me build my career in Excel vba developments through his expertise solution. Now I am a VBA Professional and helping others.

Bob, Thank you very much for being here......

Wish you all the best..
    Ilyas Kazi

Bob, is one of those outstanding human beings who, by his very actions deserves, both credit and distinction. Credit, because he contiually gives his knowledge for all to share, and distinction, because he unlike most people doesn't ask for or seek anything in return.

It is nice to see that fellow members here in this forum, acknowledge the contributions that Bob so freely makes.
    Remember To Do the Following....
    Use [Code].... [/Code] tags when posting code to the thread.
    Mark your thread as Solved if satisfied by using the Thread Tools options.
    If posting the same issue to another forum please show the link

VBAX Expert
    Thanks Bob- "XLD" for all that you have done for everyone including myself. Thanks for; taking the time, having the patience, putting up with all of us Rookies. .. you've done a great job.
    Best regards,

Charlie

I need all the I can get....

Distinguished Lord of VBAX VBAX Grand Master Bob Phillips's Avatar

We must have taught you all we know or your project is all done - we never see you these days.

Abusus non tollit usum

Last night I dreamed of a small consolation enjoyed only by the blind: Nobody knows the trouble I've not seen!
    James Thurber

VBAX Expert
    Bob I still visit and look to see what's new but, for right now I'm not currently working om anything.
    Best regards,

Charlie

I need all the I can get....