Consulting

Thread: Removing Signature lines and logos on receipt

VBAX Regular
    Removing Signature lines and logos on receipt

Hoping the community can help me on this one. Searched the forum and a few other sites and no real answer has been found.

I have some code that runs when mail is received, based on the sender, it will either save the email body and attachments to the local computer or forward it on.

The issue I am running into, is that often time the emails are getting bloated becuase of signature lines being used. Is there a way to parse the incoming email, remove the signature line and then forward the email to another email address (assume that all incoming emails get this treatment and all are forwarded to another address)

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Knowledge Base Approver VBAX Master Oorang's Avatar
    As far as I am aware, signatures are not "tagged" so they can be recognized as such. You could set up a list of "Known Signatures" and remove the ones you know about. And you might get away with a few simple pattern recognition tricks like if the email ends in linebreak;one word; comma;line break; two words. Thats a pretty safe kill. But as far as I am aware, that's pretty much it. If you like this approach and want some help with it, post back your in-use code.
    Cordially,
    Aaron

Keep Our Board Clean!
    • Please Mark your thread "Solved" if you get an acceptable response (under thread tools).
    • Enclose your code in VBA tags then it will be formatted as per the VBIDE to improve readability.