Consulting

Thread: Solved: Creating and deleting temporary files in Word VBA

Knowledge Base Approver
    Space Cadet
    Solved: Creating and deleting temporary files in Word VBA

I'm in a bit of a pickle. I need to make sure that when one of my macros has finished running it is unloaded properly (clears everthing from memory because our systems are resource hungry) but i also need to keep a hold of certain information gathered during that macro's runnning. I'm thinking of using a temp file but I'm not to sure how to do it. as is typically the case for me, the theory is there but I have no idea about the execution.

Any help in this regard would be mostly appreciated (even a pointer to a Kb entry would help)

Thanks in advance
    Andrew

Knowledge Base Approver
    I really should read the in built help first before making posts like these. I found the solution

object.CreateTextFile(filename[, overwrite[, unicode]])

Thank you for posting your answer. We greatly appreciate it when someone lets us know that they've found a solution and don't leave our members chasing after an issue that's already been solved!
    Ken Puls, CMA - Microsoft MVP (Excel)
    I hate it when my computer does what I tell it to, and not what I want it to.

Learn how to use our KB tags! -||- Ken's Excel Website -||- Ken's Excel Forums -||- My Blog -||- Excel Training Calendar

This is a shameless plug for my new book "RibbonX - Customizing the Office 2007 Ribbon". Find out more about it here!

Help keep VBAX clean! Use the 'Thread Tools' menu to mark your own threads solved!