Consulting

Thread: Copy data from web

Copy data from web

Good Afternoon guys. I hope I can explain what I am doing, so here goes.
    I am using Excel 2007. In Sheet1 I have a chart and data that I am bringing over from Sheet2 using the VLoookup command. If I put a symbol
    in A1 and hit return VLookup brings back from Sheet2 the data I need.
    At this point everything is ok. There is some data I need from a site named ETFConnect.com so I started a macro. In Excel 2007 I went to the Data Tab, then From the Web, entered in the Site. At the site I highlighted the areas I wanted to download. Downloaded the data in Sheet4. I then stopped the Macro. At this point I have no problems.
    My question is when I change the symbol in Sheet1, Cell A1 to another symbol how do I get the Macro to see the new symbol and go to the web site and enter the new symbol in the symbol box so I get the new data.
    I hope you understand this because I don't. Just Joking.
    Thanks for your time with this.
    Max

Can you post the code you have? It might help for us to see that so that we can tell which piece needs to change.
    Ken Puls, CMA - Microsoft MVP (Excel)
    I hate it when my computer does what I tell it to, and not what I want it to.

Learn how to use our KB tags! -||- Ken's Excel Website -||- Ken's Excel Forums -||- My Blog -||- Excel Training Calendar

This is a shameless plug for my new book "RibbonX - Customizing the Office 2007 Ribbon". Find out more about it here!

Help keep VBAX clean! Use the 'Thread Tools' menu to mark your own threads solved!