Consulting

Thread: Converting QuickBasic functions to VBA functions

VBAX Regular
    Converting QuickBasic functions to VBA functions

Hi all. I have all this code in Quickbasic. I copied it all over to VBA, but the code is not working in VBA, because some/most of the functions used in Quickbasic are not recongized in VBA. I was wondering if anyone knows a quick way to fix this or switch all the quickbasic functions to VBA functions, so that the program will run in VBA. I need all the help I can get. Thanks.

I have done this but it isn't easy. If you could post some of the code we may be able to "convert" but you may also have to rewrite some functions. Most of it is just reworking it but it is a intinsive.

VBAX Regular
    Thanks for the reply. It is a lot of code, but I have to ask my boss if I can put it on a forum. Hopefully I can. I will let you know soon. Thanks again

You could pm some of the more "private" subs and post the utilities. Then we could comminicate the problems and the solutions.

Also what vba object model are you trying to use? Excel, Word, Access, Acad, Powerpoint .......

VBAX Regular
    well im trying to make a program in VB, but i guees it is more directed in excel. Is there any way I could send it to you, instead of posting it over the forum? Thanks

VBAX Regular
    And what do you mean by PM the subs and post the utilities.

PM - private message, it's like e-mail but through the forum. I was suggesting that you send the subs you can't post on the forum and we could work out the problems through the forum and keep the confidential information secure. This way everyone benifits. You can also go to my profile and send an e-mail to me.

VB is that VB6? If so that is still doable. If you are talking about VB.NET I would suggest just rewrite it. You would be way ahead if you did.

VBAX Regular
    Im talking about VB6. I will get the 3 programs tomorrow and send a PM to you. Thanks a bunch. I really appreciate it.