Consulting

Thread: Moving .pst's and rules to outlook 2003 on a vista computer from xp

Moving .pst's and rules to outlook 2003 on a vista computer from xp

Hello guys,

I just went through all pits and circles of hell with migrating from an xp laptop to vista - now the last one - outlook in office 2003. I copied all psts (outlook and archive) from old one to new - they seemed to work. imported the rules - they seemed to have set in fine. Set up and tested the email accounts while keeping the old laptop shut off from internet - each of them worked fine. They are even showing that they are receiving some mail - one of the accounts was getting ~6500 emails - but i dont see them in any of the folders that are managed by rules and not in the general incoming one. There is some action - emails are "being received" but heck knows where they end up! i restarted outlook all to no avail...
    has anyone faced anything like that? any help would be so much appreciated!!! i am even thinking of trying the bat! now with all this cr*p...

VBAX Master
    Hello guys,

I just went through all pits and circles of hell with migrating from an xp laptop to vista - now the last one - outlook in office 2003. I copied all psts (outlook and archive) from old one to new - they seemed to work. imported the rules - they seemed to have set in fine. Set up and tested the email accounts while keeping the old laptop shut off from internet - each of them worked fine. They are even showing that they are receiving some mail - one of the accounts was getting ~6500 emails - but i dont see them in any of the folders that are managed by rules and not in the general incoming one. There is some action - emails are "being received" but heck knows where they end up! i restarted outlook all to no avail...
    has anyone faced anything like that? any help would be so much appreciated!!! i am even thinking of trying the bat! now with all this cr*p...
    You're sure you don't have any abo's on rss-feeds. When I used to use outlook 2007 I was subscribed (without me knowing, but I thought it was strange to see no mail after fetching something. Eventually, I figured it out ...) to some rss-feeds from microsoft.

Charlize

how do i check it in 2003?