Consulting

Thread: Worksheet activate code in Add-in

Worksheet activate code in Add-in

I have a spreadsheet (call it SS.xls) with a number of sheets (called, eg, "Notes","Archive"), and a separate add-in.

I want to have some code in the add-in that is called when one of the sheets is activated. (separate modules for each of the sheets)
    Of course, I could have some code in SS.xls, but I want it all in the add-in, as there's going to be lots of versions of the spreadsheet, and I don't want to have to recall the spreadsheets if some code changes are needed.

How can I get code in the add-in to tie in to the Worksheet_Activate event?
    I know I've done it before, but can't remember how I did it!

can't you just create a sub in the add-in and call that sub from the worksheet_activate event? As long as the name of the sub never changes you will only have to modify the code in the add-in and not the actual .xls file.

Distinguished Lord of VBAX VBAX Grand Master Bob Phillips's Avatar

in that activate event call the addin procedure directly using APplication.Run (documented in VBA Help)

Or

set a reference in the workbook to the addin and call the procedure directly.

Abusus non tollit usum

Last night I dreamed of a small consolation enjoyed only by the blind: Nobody knows the trouble I've not seen!
    James Thurber

Solved

Many thanks.

I've used the Worksheet_Activate event to call the add-in sub, with complete success.