Consulting

Thread: Out of Office Reply - multiple times

Lightbulb Out of Office Reply - multiple times

Hi there,

I'm a new member/user as of today!!

I'm looking for a simple solution that will allow me to send the "out of office reply" everytime I receive an email when I am out of the office.
    Currently Outlook only allows the out of office message to be sent one time per "email sender" when I am out of the office.

We are currently running Microsoft Office 2000 on my computer.

Ideally I would like to enter this as a "rule" in Microsoft Outlook.

Thanks for any and all assistance!!!!

Best Regards,

Mike

You're not going to be able to get there with a rule, as you can't run VBA from a rule that I'm aware of. And due to the version of Outlook you're running, you're going to have some issues with trying to do this in VBA as well.

First off, you are aware that your computer would have to be left on for any VBA to be executed, correct? I assume that you are using an Exchange server for your email. VBA only executes in the client, so the machine must be on and running.

In addition, if I recall correctly, Outlook 2000 was the first version that saw the "security patch". This patch blocks VBA from sending email to prevent hijacking by malware. There are ways to get around this, by using Outlook Redemption or ClickYes, but it's the fact remains that your computer will need to be in a state that Outlook is open and running while you are gone.

If you still want to try and go this route, this article could be handy as it will let you determine the sender's address.

There is an example of using ClickYes at my site via a VBS script. I haven't used Redemption myself.
    Ken Puls, CMA - Microsoft MVP (Excel)
    I hate it when my computer does what I tell it to, and not what I want it to.

Learn how to use our KB tags! -||- Ken's Excel Website -||- Ken's Excel Forums -||- My Blog -||- Excel Training Calendar

This is a shameless plug for my new book "RibbonX - Customizing the Office 2007 Ribbon". Find out more about it here!

Help keep VBAX clean! Use the 'Thread Tools' menu to mark your own threads solved!