Consulting

Thread: You last visited: 11-11-2006! Hmmm, better sort that!

VBAX Regular
    You last visited: 11-11-2006! Hmmm, better sort that!

Howdy folks - I'm back! I'm Adam, and have been a developer in Access and Excel since around 1998. I signed up on this site when it first started, and then due to a change in career (moved from full-time development to be a network admin / it manager / systems analyst / jack of all trades) I kinda moved away a bit from "hard core" development and just built "simple" systems.

However, I've just changed jobs again, and am now back doing development work full time (in Access mainly, also doing a bit of Excel and am just starting to tinker with ASP.NET). I've just switched over to Office 2007, although I've spent the majority of my career developing solutions in Office 2K and 2003. (I started doing this in 1998!).

A little about me, I live in the north of the UK (East Yorkshire), am 33, and run a small business part time where I live, as well as doing full-time development work.

Not been here in ages... hi to all of you, will definitely be spending more time here now I think. And to those of you who possibly remember me - howdy

Laterz I'm off to go snoop around some of the forums, see how the place is doing!

Ad

Distinguished Lord of VBAX VBAX Grand Master Bob Phillips's Avatar
    Looking at your pevious posts it seems you were mainly active in the Off-Topics, Site, Access and Word groups, so as a mainly Excel lurker it is not surprising that we haven't crossed paths.

But welcome back, hopefully you will now be a ble to spend more time on a grown-up application (Excel) <BG> .

Is that the coastal area that you live in, Whitby, Scarborough?

Abusus non tollit usum

Last night I dreamed of a small consolation enjoyed only by the blind: Nobody knows the trouble I've not seen!
    James Thurber

VBAX Regular

Actually, it was with Excel that I first cut my VBA teeth, and then progressed sideways to more system design roles - but yes I still do stuff in Excel from time to time although unfortnuately this is happining less and less these days

I'm about 20 miles away from Scarborough, know it well (was born in Brid and an ex is from Scarborough)... although at the moment I'm about 50 miles away as I work in Hull!

Oh, and congrats on the 10K, too!!

Ad

I was going to say that 20 miles from Scarborough encompasses Bridlington, Driffield, Pickering and just south of Whitby, but seeing your signature (which I don't think you originally had) it must be Driffield. Anyway, it must be nice to return home after working in Hull

Abusus non tollit usum

Last night I dreamed of a small consolation enjoyed only by the blind: Nobody knows the trouble I've not seen!
    James Thurber

Administrator
    VP-Knowledge Base

Nice to have you back again!
    _________
    Groetjes,

Joost Verdaasdonk
    M.O.S. Master

Mark your thread solved, when it has been, by hitting the Thread Tools dropdown at the top of the thread.
    (I don't answer questions asked through E-mail or PM's)

VBAX Regular
    Anyway, it must be nice to return home after working in Hull
    Ohhhhhh yes lol!! You must be fairly local too then?

Quote Originally Posted by Mos Master
    Hi Adam ,

Nice to have you back again!
    Thanks! Good to be back, am hoping to be able to contrbute something valuable to this place!!

Ad

Sort of, I am 250+ miles away, down on the South Coast.

Abusus non tollit usum

James Thurber

VBAX Regular
    Sort of, I am 250+ miles away, down on the South Coast.
    Yup, that's definitely "sort of"!! lol!!

I think that our American colleagues would think that we are neighbours (and they probably think that we both live near London!)

Abusus non tollit usum

James Thurber

VBAX Regular
    I think that our American colleagues would think that we are neighbours (and they probably think that we both live near London!)
    Woooaaaahhhh... wait, what, you mean we don't???

Ad

Administrator
    VP-Knowledge Base
    In that case I live just as near to London (430 km)

So Hi neighbours...
    _________
    Groetjes,

Joost Verdaasdonk
    M.O.S. Master

Mark your thread solved, when it has been, by hitting the Thread Tools dropdown at the top of the thread.
    (I don't answer questions asked through E-mail or PM's)

Welcome back Adam.

On a distance note, it goes the other way too. We had family come over from Germany... they decided that they'd fly into Vancouver (BC), have breakfast with us, and drive down to San Francisco for dinner with their son. Once we showed them how many Germanys would fit in that distance, they reconsidered. Isn't everything close in Europe? <grin>
    Ken Puls, CMA - Microsoft MVP (Excel)
    I hate it when my computer does what I tell it to, and not what I want it to.

Learn how to use our KB tags! -||- Ken's Excel Website -||- Ken's Excel Forums -||- My Blog -||- Excel Training Calendar

This is a shameless plug for my new book "RibbonX - Customizing the Office 2007 Ribbon". Find out more about it here!

Help keep VBAX clean! Use the 'Thread Tools' menu to mark your own threads solved!

VBAX Regular

I think the world is a much smaller place than it used to be... it's all relative really, eh? I could get down to london in... oh, around 4 hours. And could get to the Netherlands in approx 2 hours I guess?

Although Vancouver to San Fran... hmmm... that is a bit of a stretch, even for someone who likes driving - what, around 1000 miles or so isn't it?? Hey, just give me a Bugatti Veyron and I'll do it in 6 hours

Anyway, thanks all for the warm welcome (back)... will no doubt be posting in the forums in a while, just trying to build an Access/SQL/ASP.net thing first... the Access and SQL bits are done, but having a nightmare with the ASP side. And I guess that ain't VBA!

Have a good one y'all

Well what do you know.... I live near London too, but I'd hate to have to walk that far.

Welcome back Adam.
    Remember To Do the Following....
    Use [Code].... [/Code] tags when posting code to the thread.
    Mark your thread as Solved if satisfied by using the Thread Tools options.
    If posting the same issue to another forum please show the link