Consulting

Thread: Finding Freelance Jobs

Finding Freelance Jobs

I've been trying off an on over the past fiew months to find some freelance Word VBA and/or Access jobs, with no success.

Most of the large forums seem overcrowded, and so many people are boasting about their "10+ years experience" that it seems almost impossible for a new guy to get his start.

Where do you guys (and gals) suggest looking to get a start in the freelance field?

TIA
    -Randy Shea
    I'm a programmer, but I'm also pro-grammar!
    If your issue is resolved, please use Thread Tools to mark your thread as Solved!

PODA (Professional Office Developers Association) | Certifiable | MOS: Access 2003

Knowledge Base Approver VBAX Master Oorang's Avatar
    Aaron

Keep Our Board Clean!
    • Please Mark your thread "Solved" if you get an acceptable response (under thread tools).
    • Enclose your code in VBA tags then it will be formatted as per the VBIDE to improve readability.

Personally, I built a website, put up some coding examples, and added a "Contact Me" form. It's a good place to start.
    Ken Puls, CMA - Microsoft MVP (Excel)
    I hate it when my computer does what I tell it to, and not what I want it to.

Learn how to use our KB tags! -||- Ken's Excel Website -||- Ken's Excel Forums -||- My Blog -||- Excel Training Calendar

This is a shameless plug for my new book "RibbonX - Customizing the Office 2007 Ribbon". Find out more about it here!

Help keep VBAX clean! Use the 'Thread Tools' menu to mark your own threads solved!

VBAX Newbie
    You should try on first in posting your sample writings thru E-journals or portfolio. In that way, clients and other people who needed your service will trust and get in touch with you right away. I've been there, it is not easy to be a starter of our own crafts, but pursue and continue till somebody will find you.

When it comes to freelance job opportunities, there are lots of them to be discovered if you know where—and how—to look. Whether you just want to see what’s out there, make some income on the side, or grow your current freelance customer base, this guide has nine great ways to discover new work opportunities for any freelancer.

VBAX Regular