Consulting

Thread: BO reports (rep files) need to be refreshed from Excel Module

VBAX Newbie
    Arrow BO reports (rep files) need to be refreshed from Excel Module

Hi All,
    Currently I have a module which connects to Business Objects 5.1 and transfers the data from locally placed rep files to a text file.

The problem is before exporting I need to manually go and refresh the rep files. Is there any way by which I can automate the process that as soon as I click export, it would do a auto refresh and then export data to text file.

Regards,
    rahul

VBAX Regular
    If it would be okay with you, can you post the book/module? I'm working with BO as well and would like to do something similar. If we have 2 people working on it, it might go faster

VBAX Newbie
    If it would be okay with you, can you post the book/module? I'm working with BO as well and would like to do something similar. If we have 2 people working on it, it might go faster
    Its a very long module...plus due to some confidentiality issue cant post the code.
    Please let me know if you r looking at some specifc functionality.

VBAX Regular
    Namely, I would like to be able to run a macro to open a rep file, refresh the data, then export/save the rep file as an Excel book so further refinements to the report can be made and then published on our team's website.