Consulting

Thread: vlookup in Vba + preventing tabulations in a form field

vlookup in Vba + preventing tabulations in a form field

hi,

posted my pb on another board but seems people are loosing interest (even though I believe the solution is quite easy )

I need to use Vlookups extensively in my project and it seems to be a problem for me to get it to work...

in the following code: tb_Valoren is a Textbox that the user has to fill up in a form. when the user submits the form I need to get the currency for this valoren.

if i hard code an existing valoren in the following code the function works...

[VBA]wsTrades.Cells(Pointer, 6) = Application.WorksheetFunction.VLookup("& tb_Valoren.Value &", [db_SecValoren], 6, False)[/VBA]

the valoren can be either numeric or in this form : 123456789.abc123

hope someone can help me out there

thanks!

ps: is it possible to prevent the user from using the tabulation (Tab) in a form field?

thanks!
    Last edited by choubix; 07-17-2008 at 01:31 AM.

Distinguished Lord of VBAX VBAX Grand Master Bob Phillips's Avatar
    So what is wrong with the solution that I gave you here

Abusus non tollit usum

Last night I dreamed of a small consolation enjoyed only by the blind: Nobody knows the trouble I've not seen!
    James Thurber

managed to get the vlookup to work using the array in which the data was stored...

still I have a problem:
    the user fills up TextboxA, is it possible to update Textbox B automatically? (without the user having to click anything)

I am using a Vlookup this way:

tb_Valoren.Value = ActiveCell
    tb_BbrgCode = Application.WorksheetFunction.VLookup(tb_Valoren.Value, [db_SecValoren], 5, False)

it works only if the user has activated the cell on the worksheet. not when the user fills in the textbox tb_Valoren

any idea?

is it possible to prevent the user from using the Tab key inside a textbox??

thanks!