Consulting

Thread: Disk or network error

VBAX Regular
    Disk or network error

I have an access application (vba) that uploads 10 .txt reports, get certains value and store them into access tables. The application and the 10 reports are stored in my company network shared drive, and in a folder that can only be accessed by my department. While it is trying to access the reports, error message "Disk or network error" prompted. However, if i exit and re-run again, there is no longer a problem. What could be the cause? Could it be server down?

Is there any consistency with the error? Does it always happen the very first time you run the database in the morning?

Is the "Disk or network error" message coming from Access (via an Error_Handler) or is it a system message?

However, if i exit and re-run again, there is no longer a problem.
    How long do you wait before trying again? Is it possible that the text files do not (all) exist the first time you try to access them?
    -Randy Shea
    I'm a programmer, but I'm also pro-grammar!
    If your issue is resolved, please use Thread Tools to mark your thread as Solved!

PODA (Professional Office Developers Association) | Certifiable | MOS: Access 2003

VBAX Regular
    Disk or network error

Once i exit and re open again, it will work without really waiting for some time. The message is prompted from microsoft access in my event handler.

The textfiles are in the drive all the time. What do you actually mean "the text file does not exist in the first time"? In a few attemps, sometimes this error will be prompted. Not only the first time.