Consulting

Thread: Sleeper: Converting to PDF

Administrator
    VP-Knowledge Base
    VBAX Master
    Sleeper: Converting to PDF

Does anyone know of a way we can convert a workbook to a pdf file? (Other than using a printer driver like pdf995 or so).

Specially if knows how to secure the pdf file also.

Any ideas?
    Best Regards,

Carlos Paleo.

To every problem there is a solution, even if I dont know it, so this posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties.

If Debugging is harder than writing a program and your code is as good as you can possibly make
    it, then by definition you're not smart enough to debug it.

http://www.mugrs.org

I've used Acrobat products quite extensively for creating PDFs. The full product (Acrobat v6 now) integrates with MS Office and has all the options (including security) that you could wish for but has a price tag to match!
    I just got a magazine with a free eval product by these guys
    http://www.docu-track.com/home
    I haven't had a chance to look yet but think if you want security features you need to upgrade but it's worth checking out for free to find out!
    K :-)

Don't know of any way to make a PDF without printing to a PDF format, but try looking up CutePDF on the net. It's free, (and open source,) so doesn't carry the price of Acrobat writers. Still need to print though.
    Ken Puls, CMA - Microsoft MVP (Excel)
    I hate it when my computer does what I tell it to, and not what I want it to.

Learn how to use our KB tags! -||- Ken's Excel Website -||- Ken's Excel Forums -||- My Blog -||- Excel Training Calendar

This is a shameless plug for my new book "RibbonX - Customizing the Office 2007 Ribbon". Find out more about it here!

Help keep VBAX clean! Use the 'Thread Tools' menu to mark your own threads solved!

Administrator
    VP-Knowledge Base VBAX Master

Thanks but it didnt help, . Its free edition is just like pdf995, simply a printer driver that uses ghostscript for printing it in a pdf format. The programatic version costs US$ 499 so I keep on looking for it.

Thanks but if someone else knows an already converted sub to VBA, please tell me.
    I heard that its possible by using VSTO, so I will try it and if I succeed I will post my solution here.
    Best Regards,

Carlos Paleo.

To every problem there is a solution, even if I dont know it, so this posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties.

If Debugging is harder than writing a program and your code is as good as you can possibly make
    it, then by definition you're not smart enough to debug it.

http://www.mugrs.org