Consulting

Thread: Can't view ranges or graphs pasted from Excel

Knowledge Base Approver VBAX Expert brettdj's Avatar
    Can't view ranges or graphs pasted from Excel

If I run VBA or manually try to Paste a chart from Excel 2003 into PP 2003 all I get is a number of circles showing the borderline of the Paste. The chart is there as I can edit the source or the link

I've tried reinstalling Office 2003 and googling but have had no luck. Has anyone come accross this before?

Cheers

Dave

I haven't seen this problem myself (I do have xl2003). Are you copy/paste manually or from code (VBA)? If you can copy/paste the chart object to another sheet in the same workbook then it should also paste fine into PP. Does this happen with all charts you make or just one problem chart (in one problem workbook)?

Deb

But I think its a bigger problem - I've got the dreaded Red X in place of Word pic too

It has to be a corrupted workbook as I've copied charts many, many times (and I do have xl2003). So even if you create a new workbook and a new chart (any set of dummy numbers, it doesn't matter), you're still not able to copy/paste this chart into PP? I just tried this myself before writing this reply and it works fine. Something else has to be going on I'd say. Can you send the workbook (edited of anything proprietary and only containing the chart data - even if it's modified) in email to me? (My alternate email is dbrah-at-yahoo-dot-com)

Thnx, Deb

Thanks for the offer

But the workkbook works fine when I export it to PP or Word on my office PC - its my home PC that has an issue . God knows what

Cheers

Dave