Consulting

Thread: Solved: Sending Long to Clipboard or any other way to get it to Word from Excel?

VBAX Contributor
    Solved: Sending Long to Clipboard or any other way to get it to Word from Excel?

Hi all,

I have a Long which is just a big number I get through summing up values of a few ranges... so it is in memory. I would like to paste the value of this Long in a Word document which I already have opened and populated, so I have something like that:

Excel:

[vba]
    Dim pTotal As Long
    pTotal = wsOne.Range("W33").Value + wsOne.Range("W35").Value[/vba]

Word:

[vba]wrdApp.Selection.TypeText Text:="number"
    wrdApp.Selection.TypeParagraph[/vba]

All of these do work, I am just not sure how to send Long to clipboard, DataObject seems to work with String... I can than paste something like [vba]wrdApp.Selection.Paste[/vba]...

Of course a quick hack would be to set some odd cell value to my pTotal and than do a Copy and Paste but surely there is a cleaner way?

Thanks a lot

Mike

Administrator
    2nd VP-Knowledge Base
    Why not just send pTotal? The runtime will convert it to a string for you, or you can cast it yourself:

[your range].Text = cStr(pTotal)

New to the forum? Check out our Introductions section to get to know some of the members here. Feel free to tell us a little about yourself as well.

VBAX Contributor
    Yea you are right

I thought [VBA]wrdApp.Selection.TypeText Text:=CStr(pTotal)[/VBA] was not possible, my mistake! Thanks for setting me straight!

Mike