Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Site Admin
    The Princess
    Who is the other 1%?

~Anne Troy

Administrator
    VP-Knowledge Base VBAX Master

did you notice it dont makes 100%? Its 96% plus all those 0% that doesnt seen to make 4%.
    Best Regards,

Carlos Paleo.

To every problem there is a solution, even if I dont know it, so this posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties.

If Debugging is harder than writing a program and your code is as good as you can possibly make
    it, then by definition you're not smart enough to debug it.

http://www.mugrs.org

Site Admin
    The Princess VBAX Guru Anne Troy's Avatar
    ~Anne Troy

Administrator

Here you may find another very usefull statistics: http://www.aicpa.org/pubs/jofa/nov97/tech.htm

Like this one:
    Best Regards,

Carlos Paleo.

To every problem there is a solution, even if I dont know it, so this posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties.

If Debugging is harder than writing a program and your code is as good as you can possibly make

Site Admin
    That will be changing. I just taught our EPA (government) advanced Excel. So that number should go up, LOL!!
    ~Anne Troy

Administrator
    Great, here its growing too as I am conducting seminars on it, so lets go get 80%
    Best Regards,

Carlos Paleo.

Great, here its growing too as I am conducting seminars on it, so lets go get 80%
    Just don't let the Department of Justice hear that!

Not sure Bill wants another go around with them.
    Brandtrock

Administrator
    Hey but free choice of software is still in our freedom of thoughts isnt it? So why to use an inferior software (open source) instead of a superior (MS)?? (just make Mr Gates reads this :rofl )
    Best Regards,

Carlos Paleo.

So why to use an inferior software (open source) instead of a superior (MS)??
    This is something that I never thought I'd ever see in a techie forum, I'll give you that! I like Excel, and some other MS stuff as well, but jumping on open source as a blanket statement... it seems short sighted. I think we should revisit this in a couple of years and see what the playing field looks like. Lest you think I'm nuts, look at Firefox's increasing market share... only time will tell for certain though.
    Ken Puls, CMA - Microsoft MVP (Excel)
    I hate it when my computer does what I tell it to, and not what I want it to.

Learn how to use our KB tags! -||- Ken's Excel Website -||- Ken's Excel Forums -||- My Blog -||- Excel Training Calendar

This is a shameless plug for my new book "RibbonX - Customizing the Office 2007 Ribbon". Find out more about it here!

Help keep VBAX clean! Use the 'Thread Tools' menu to mark your own threads solved!

Site Admin
    ~Anne Troy

Site Admin
    Urban Myth
    VBAX Guru
    What's firefox? ROFL!!

Mac Moderator VBAX Expert shades's Avatar
    Wasn't that film with Clint Eastwood and the Fighter he stole from the Russians?

Wasn't that film with Clint Eastwood and the Fighter he stole from the Russians?
    It would seem so!

Learn how to use our KB tags! -||- Ken's Excel Website -||- Ken's Excel Forums -||- My Blog -||- Excel Training Calendar

This is a shameless plug for my new book "RibbonX - Customizing the Office 2007 Ribbon". Find out more about it here!

Help keep VBAX clean! Use the 'Thread Tools' menu to mark your own threads solved!

Administrator

I was just joking, but anyway I dont think Firefox will overcome IE specially because of what is coming soon like IE 7. I do use many open source software too like: Sharp Develop, Argo UML, Web Matrix, Open Office, and so on but just to know how them work and be able to compare them with MSs softs.

The truth is that there is light on either side of the tunnel! I just choose MS because its the one that helps me most to make money.
    Best Regards,

Carlos Paleo.

Administrator
    Hi Ken,

I was just joking, but anyway I dont think Firefox will overcome IE specially because of what is coming soon like IE 7. I do use many open source software too like: Sharp Develop, Argo UML, Web Matrix, Open Office, and so on but just to know how them work and be able to compare them with MSs softs.

The truth is that there is light on either side of the tunnel! I just choose MS because its the one that helps me most to make money.

Here's another reference to Open Office, been seeing a few lately... Dunno why (apart that it "looks" like the MS version of Office) - I tried this a year or so ago and found it very limited and gave lotsa crashes.

Anyone tried EasyOffice? (Available Here) It's free-ware and got lotsa good things on it (the dictionary & thesaurus in particular are rippers) but the VBA in their workbooks is limited when compared to MS and it may take some getting used to because of the "appearance" of tools etc. One advantage is that you can use a simple inbuilt function to convert things to PDF (acrobat) form.

Regards,
    John
    You know you're really in trouble when the light at the end of the tunnel turns out to be the headlight of a train hurtling towards you

The major part of getting the right answer lies in asking the right question...

Made your code more readable, use VBA tags (this automatically inserts [vba] at the start of your code, and [/vba ] at the end of your code) | Help those helping you by marking your thread solved when it is.

Administrator

does it actually support VBA? Open Office supports only Basic which is very similar but its major problem, at least I consider, is that its object model is way too complex and just to insert a value you asked by an InputBox in a cell, which vey easy in excel, you need to write several lines of code.
    Best Regards,

Carlos Paleo.

Administrator
    Hi John,

does it actually support VBA? Open Office supports only Basic which is very similar but its major problem, at least I consider, is that its object model is way too complex and just to insert a value you asked by an InputBox in a cell, which vey easy in excel, you need to write several lines of code.

Hi Carlos,

It's been a while since I had it installed, but I'm pretty sure that it does. From what I can remember I think, I didn't look too hard at it 'cos it had fewer functions than MS.

It's worth looking at though, there are lots of other features like text-to-speech, its own an inbuilt zip, and so on...

Seeing as it's free it's excellent value for money, it doesn't take up much memory, and can be run parallel to MS Office

Regards,
    John
    You know you're really in trouble when the light at the end of the tunnel turns out to be the headlight of a train hurtling towards you

Made your code more readable, use VBA tags (this automatically inserts [vba] at the start of your code, and [/vba ] at the end of your code) | Help those helping you by marking your thread solved when it is.

Administrator
    Great I will install it in a virtual machine for testing. Thanks!
    Best Regards,

Carlos Paleo.

Administrator
    Let us know, Carlos, I'm curious!
    Yeh, I'm curious to know what he thinks of it too... Haven't heard from him for a cupla days, maybe playing with all the toys on it - Maybe I'd better re-install mine and try n see if I can find out wot's kept him so quiet