Consulting

Thread: Need Help Inserting Row & Maintaining Format

VBAX Newbie
    Need Help Inserting Row & Maintaining Format

I have a spreadsheet that is used as a list work orders for a project that tracks the status using the count function and I need to be able to assign a command button to add a row to the bottom of the list and maintain the formatting and formulas.
    I am working in 2003 and I have tried every combination of vba I could find and tried building multiple macros but nothing has worked.
    I have attached a condensed copy of the file and would greatly appreciate if someone could bail me out here.

I have added a Command Button to your spreadsheet sample with the following Click Event code. (I also include the code as a macro, in case that is an option for you).

[vba]
    Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
    Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Select
    With Selection.EntireRow
    .Insert
    .Copy Destination:=.Offset(-1, 0)
    On Error Resume Next
    .SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants).ClearContents
    On Error GoTo 0
    End With
    End Sub
    [/vba]

This code will insert a new row just above the row of totals and black separation line. It will also copy the formats and formulas from the row above.

Helps this helps,
    Jim
    To the Optimist, the glass is half full. To the Pessimist, the glass is half empty.
    To the Engineer, the glass was designed to be twice as big as it needs to be.

VBAX Newbie
    Thanks for the help Maui_Jim, that is exactly what I needed. I am in the process of reading some books on this stuff to learn how to do it on my own but this is one of those items I needed right away. Thanks for bailing me out.