Consulting

Thread: Sleeper: Possible to search Excel columns?

Sleeper: Possible to search Excel columns?

HELP!

I am trying to search in an Excel column. I'm looking for times that are either before 7am or after 730pm. Is there possiblya formula I can use? This is a sample of what i'm working with:

8:41:18 AM

8:43:12 AM

9:53:24 AM

10:05:00 AM

10:39:42 AM

Is there any way to seach a column for this information?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Welcome to the forum.

Assume that your times are in column A from A3 downwards. Insert a column (B) and enter the early time (7am) in B1 and the late time (7.30pm) in B2. Then in B3 enter the formula :

=(OR(A3<$B$1,A3>$B$2))
    fill-down as required. This will give you a True/False indicator in teh adjacent column.

HTH

Quote Originally Posted by Richie(UK)
    Hi P'girl,

Welcome to the forum.

Assume that your times are in column A from A3 downwards. Insert a column (B) and enter the early time (7am) in B1 and the late time (7.30pm) in B2. Then in B3 enter the formula :

=(OR(A3<$B$1,A3>$B$2))

fill-down as required. This will give you a True/False indicator in teh adjacent column.

HTH
    Richie

Thanks for the reply. I did try your formula, but I think I've been misunderstood. It works, but I need to find all times Before 7am and all times AFTER 730pm

The T/F indicator is 'stuck' at True...it's not giving me anything before 7am (ie 658am, 127am)

Does this help? I do appreciate your help.

PG

This is what I tried (workbook attached) - scratch that, no WinZip at work Hang on a minute ....
    OK, try that.

What am I missing?

Oh Richie, you are so far over my head now, it's not even funny. should I try copying and pasting this in Excel??

Oh Richie, you are so far over my head now, it's not even funny. should I try copying and pasting this in Excel??
    Sorry - that was a failed attempt to post a picture of the spreadsheet. Just try the workbook.