Consulting

Thread: InputBox

VBAX Regular
    InputBox

Hi guys,

I've been using quite a lot of "Application.InputBox" to set ranges in order to make my macros as flexible as possible, since i'm using them for different files. And i like being able to select the ranges with the mouse since a lot of the people who are using my macros don't know much about excel.

I do encounter a little problem though! When using different workbooks at the same time, you can't actually switch workbook and select with the mouse ranges in this other workbook...

So I wanted to know if there was a way to make this possible, to call the same kind of value box as the ones in the "Conditional Formatting facility" where you can select values ranges in other workbooks easily.

Thanks in advance,
    Best Regards,

Mateo

Distinguished Lord of VBAX VBAX Grand Master Bob Phillips's Avatar
    What makes you think that you can't switch workbooks? I certainly can using Application.Inputbox.

Abusus non tollit usum

Last night I dreamed of a small consolation enjoyed only by the blind: Nobody knows the trouble I've not seen!
    James Thurber

Knowledge Base Approver VBAX Guru GTO's Avatar
    I don't know if this would help, but I had something similar, where I wanted to be able to select multiple cells on a different sheet or in a different workbook. I recall (well hopefully correctly) that RefEdit wouldn't go to a different workbook.

Anyways, try this workaround.

Hope it helps,

Mark

VBAX Regular
    Well it's working Great! Thank you very much GTO for such quick and clear reply...

I don't know though why Application.InputBox didn't work out. It would just forbid me to go to the other worksheet...

Best regards, cheers,

Mateo

Abusus non tollit usum

Last night I dreamed of a small consolation enjoyed only by the blind: Nobody knows the trouble I've not seen!
    James Thurber

It doesn't show it very well, but that image shows an inputbox with a range that points at another workbook, the one behind it.

Abusus non tollit usum

James Thurber

VBAX Regular
    Ho i see, when the windows aren't maximized, it works just fine, cuz you can't actually change windows when the macro is running.

Thanks xld.

Regards

Aah! Another good reason as to why I don't maximize windows.

Abusus non tollit usum

James Thurber