Consulting

Thread: Moving Calendar Data from Office PC to Home PC

VBAX Sage
    Moving Calendar Data from Office PC to Home PC

Probably does not require VBA, but can anyone tell me how to take calendar events from my office PC Outlook and merge them into my home PC Outlook?

To get fancy, it'd be nice if recurring events were retained, and I could select a time span, and I didn't have any dups.

Thanks

Paul

Cool Simple Solution

Hey There.

You are absolutely right, this does not require any VBA. From your main Outlook window, go to File and Import and Export... This will open the Import and Export Wizard.

Choose the Export to a File option and click Next.

From the next list, select Personal Folder File (*.pst) and click Next again.

The next list will show all of your Folders under your 'Personal Folders' from your Mailboxes. Select Calendar.

If you only want certain items to be copied to the new file, select the Filter... button. Now set your parameters for identifying which Calendar Items you want to transfer home. Click OK when you're ready to continue. This takes you back to the list where you selected your Calendar. Click Next.

Now, you'll want to specify where you want to save the Export file. Click Finish when you are ready.

Now, you'll need to take the file home and Import the file.

This time, go to the Import and Export Wizard... Select Import from another program or file... Scroll through the next list and select Personal Folder File (.pst). Find whatever file that you brought home with you and voila! Your data is imported.

VBAX Sage

Traveling right now, so I can't try the Import side on the home PC, but I did go through the steps on the laptop.

Exported Calendar with filtering out past appointments, deleted some events from the laptop, and then Imported the .pst

Everything looks good, but the steps are a bit tedious.

Requirements creep: It'd be nice is there were a pair of macros to automatically Export on one and Import on the other. Hint, hint.

I know zip about the Outlook object model, and there is no macro recorder to give me some code to start with

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction

Paul

Time Permitting

Good Evening.

Well, I'm glad that the previous post worked well enough and I'm sure it will Import just as well as it Exported. Yeah, unfortunately it is quite tedious at times.

If I get the chance to do it over the next few days, I may look into automating these both, but I can't guarantee anything. I've done a good amount of work with the Outlook Object, but nothing like that.

In the meantime, have a great trip.
    Scott