Consulting

Thread: .ACCDE file

.ACCDE file

I've been trying to save a Access application as .accde file to block the code to user. But no luck all, always get error msg.

Is there any way to block the code to user in Access 2007?

Thanks in advance.

Are you talking about setting a code password? This requires a password to view any code modules. In the VBE click Tools -> Properties(will say Project Properties, where project is your project's name) -> Click the protection Tab -> Lock Project for Viewing -> set a password -> click Ok.
    -Randy Shea
    I'm a programmer, but I'm also pro-grammar!
    If your issue is resolved, please use Thread Tools to mark your thread as Solved!

PODA (Professional Office Developers Association) | Certifiable | MOS: Access 2003

Hi dhartford - please could you let us know what steps you are currently trying to do to save it as a .accde file?

-thanks

Just ender VBA and perform the Compile operation. Fix all the errors in the VBA code and then try again to make the ACCDE file.

i find that most of the time when i can't compile to an accde file that there is an issue with broken references. I normally go to the references, deselect all of the additional ones, then reselect then and do a compact and repair and it will then let me compile the database.

hope that helps

That helped out quite a bit. I just assumed that the person who created this database had already compiled it. How wrong I was..

Love this forum and the great answers I find.
    Someday I'll understand everything...
    Even then...I'll still pretend I'm a beginner.