Consulting

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Date Problems on VBA Forms

VBAX Regular
    Thanks Demosthine, I'll give that a go. Much appreciated

VBAX Regular

I've tried to get the calendar control to work but I keep getting an error. Attached is the file with the changes I've made. Thanks for everything so far.

Question Confused...

Ok Willie, I'm thoroughly confused. You attached what is supposed to be your file with the changes made, but the only sign I see that you've made any changes is that you've imported the MousePointer Module, which is the least important of the information I provided in the working example.

On frmDataCapture and frmDataCapture2, you are still using CommandButtons instead of Labels. You still have eight different UserForms for your Calendars, and there is no sign of implementing the example's code. Everything is missing, right down to the Module-Level variable for the ActiveControl.

If you'll read any of my posts, you'll find that I don't "do the work for you," but instead provide suggestions in assisting you in completing it. With a project of this size, I'm sure you are not expecting anyone to do it for you. That said, I literally provided code that you can copy and paste into your project. With the proper naming of your four Labels and your Calendar Control, the example is fully functional.

I don't wish to sound harsh, but would ask that you make a better attempt at implementing the code or suggestions that we provided to you. After that, should you still experience an error, feel free to repost with the new error and I will be happy to take a look at it from there.

Scott
    You don't understand anything until you learn it more than one way. ~Marvin Minsky

I never teach my pupils; I only attempt to provide the conditions in which they can learn. - Albert Einstein

VBAX Regular

Sorry, I posted the wrong file. Apologies for that. I'm trying something else for the dates as I've just found out yesterday that this is only going to be used for about 3 months or so and then our IT dept are going to have an all singing, all dancing form.

Thanks so much for all your help. At least I know how helpful you guys are if I need any more assistance.

PS I never expected any of you guys in here to do the work for me. I've been asked to do this and all I wanted was a few hints and tips here and there.

Thanks again

VBAX Regular

Everything seems to be fine so far but I've just noticed that when I click on Demand Date and it is entered into the spreadsheet it auto formats to US style dates from the 2nd column onwards. I have formatted the Date column so that it's the UK format but it won't stick. Can you help?
    Last edited by WillieC; 10-23-2008 at 07:41 AM.