Consulting

Thread: Macro to Format Object

Macro to Format Object

I am trying to create a macro that would pop the "Format Object" pop up for a shape/image/placeholder when it is active by hitting "CNTRL 1" (Just like excel). I have not been able to accomplish this in the least.

Would anyone have a suggestion about how to go about this?

Thanks

I don't think there is a way to do this in PowerPoint... it's quite limited in that respect. Even if you created an event-enabled addin, there are no keyboard events available to work with so I don't believe code is the answer.
    At the moment the quickest (only) way to get to that dialog via the keyboard is:
    ALT+"o" then "o" again
    Other than that, you could add the command button to on of your toolbars or your own custom one in the traditional manner (Tools|Customize then in 'Commands' select the 'Format' category, scroll down to find the 'Format Object...' command and drag the button to a toolbar. At least its only one click away then...
    K :-)

Site Admin
    The Princess
    ~Anne Troy

Once the window pops, i can change the size, color, border, etc.... looking for a quicker way to format a presentation....

Knew about the buttom mentioned above. Short-term fix.... just wished there was a shortcut for it...

thanks