Hey,
we currently have an access 2007 database that acts as a report creation system. We have recently decided to change our licensing model and wish to have an on line MySQL database that stored license information for each of our clients. This would give us the benefit of having a fairly straight forward online purchase system. And would also give us such functionality as being able to "Turn off" systems if they fail to meet their terms of payment for example. I have seen many threads talking about connecting to the MySQL database via the installation of a MySQL Driver.

I was wondering if there is any way to connect to the MySQL database without using this driver and just using VBA and if not would it mabye be possible to produce a php script that the database can post information to and get a result back, letting the php script do all the work of retrieving information from the database.
*note* this may be a better option infact as im sure there is some way to increase the security of the system by producing the mysql database in this format.

Unfortunatly having little experience with mysql (with the exception of setting up PhpBB and zen cart) i am unsure where to begin with this. So any Help is apriciated.