Consulting

Thread: Solved: Saving Emails in Outlook

Unhappy Solved: Saving Emails in Outlook

Dear Friends,

Could any one help me on this?

I have a program (working Well) which takes a search string from Excel and search in outlook for emails which contains that string and save the attachments in a folder (in local drive) where the path is also passed from Excel.

I want to save a copy of the email as well in the same folder. Preferrably in txt format. So that the information contained in the email body is also saved in the folder.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Jinesh

RE: Saving Emails in Outlook

Hi Jinesh,

There was a thread on this forum not too long ago that explains how to save a mail item as a file.

I'm not allowed to post links yet, but if you search this forum for the subject "Saving email and attachements to hardrive macro/rule" you should be able to find it.

Just change the extension to ".txt" and the type to "olTxt".

HTH,
    JP

Quote Originally Posted by jinesh1986
    Dear Friends,

Could any one help me on this?

I have a program (working Well) which takes a search string from Excel and search in outlook for emails which contains that string and save the attachments in a folder (in local drive) where the path is also passed from Excel.

I want to save a copy of the email as well in the same folder. Preferrably in txt format. So that the information contained in the email body is also saved in the folder.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Jinesh

Thumbs up

Dear JP,

Thank you so much. I read your code and successfully implemented to suit my needs.

Thanks again for directing me to the correct place.

Regards
    Jinesh

--JP