Consulting

Thread: Outlook Appointment

Outlook Appointment

email and appointment can be set to transfer to local pst file or stay on exchange server. However, I want to transfer emails to local file, but leave appointment invitation on server (so that I can access it via blackberry...) Or transfer it to local as well but leave a copy on server.

How can I achieve it?

What do you mean "transfer emails to local file"? Save a copy of an email on your hard drive?

--JP

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Chen
    email and appointment can be set to transfer to local pst file or stay on exchange server. However, I want to transfer emails to local file, but leave appointment invitation on server (so that I can access it via blackberry...) Or transfer it to local as well but leave a copy on server.

How can I achieve it?

No, it is not to copy single emails to hard driver. Once we start Outlook, all emails on server will be transfered to inbox in a pst file on hard driver. There is nothing left on server.

So you want to move emails from your Exchange mailbox to a pst file on your local hard drive, is that correct?

Is it something you want to do automatically as every email is received, or as needed?

--JP

No, it is not to copy single emails to hard driver. Once we start Outlook, all emails on server will be transfered to inbox in a pst file on hard driver. There is nothing left on server.

emails go to hard driver and meeting invitation stay on server.

Is it something you want to do automatically as every email is received, or as needed?

The code is different, depending on how you want to complete the task.

--JP

emails go to hard driver and meeting invitation stay on server.

I would like it automatically. Is it the code for Exchange Server? I cannot image we can do it at client end.

No. You would just need some event code to monitor your network Inbox for new messages, and automatically move them to the mailbox you keep in the local PST file. For example, the following code will move emails from the Inbox of a mailbox named "Tiger Chen" to the Inbox in a mailbox called "Personal Items" which would be a PST mailbox on your local drive.

(placed in ThisOutlookSession module)
    Private WithEvents MyItems As Outlook.Items

Private Sub Application_Startup()
     Dim objNS As Outlook.NameSpace
     Set objNS = GetNamespace("MAPI")
     Set MyItems = objNS.Folders("Mailbox - Tiger Chen").Folders("Inbox").Items
    End Sub

Private Sub MyItems_ItemAdd(ByVal item As Object)
    Dim Msg As Outlook.MailItem
    Dim MyFolder As Outlook.MAPIFolder

If TypeOf item Is Outlook.MailItem Then
      Set Msg = Item
      Set MyFolder = objNS.Folders("Mailbox - Personal Items"). _
        Folders("Inbox")
      Msg.Move MyFolder
    End If
    End Sub
    I would like it automatically. Is it the code for Exchange Server? I cannot image we can do it at client end.