Consulting

Thread: HTML tables

HTML tables

Basically here's my situation:

(1) An e-mail comes in and inside this e-mail is two tables which are formatted in HTML.

(2) I need to convert these tables to two two dimensional arrays so I can readily modify and extract data from the tables and perform some analysis on the data read in the tables.

Could someone give me some input on the easiest way of going about doing this? If I could process the data without having to save it in a 2D array that would be fine too.

Assume that the tables have a fixed number of rows or cols.

Is there any way to redefine the inputs? Like getting the information in a spreadsheet instead? Or does it have to come in the body of the email and there's no way to change it.

--JP

Quote Originally Posted by Farrell101
    Basically here's my situation:

(1) An e-mail comes in and inside this e-mail is two tables which are formatted in HTML.

(2) I need to convert these tables to two two dimensional arrays so I can readily modify and extract data from the tables and perform some analysis on the data read in the tables.

Could someone give me some input on the easiest way of going about doing this? If I could process the data without having to save it in a 2D array that would be fine too.

Assume that the tables have a fixed number of rows or cols.

The data can't come in another form. It always comes in the body of an e-mail in an html formatted table.

I am trying to use regex to try and parse the html tags and transfer the data to a 2d array.

What does the HTMLBody property show? Can you post it?

--JP

Quote Originally Posted by Farrell101
    The data can't come in another form. It always comes in the body of an e-mail in an html formatted table.

I am trying to use regex to try and parse the html tags and transfer the data to a 2d array.