Consulting

Thread: DUPLEX PRINTING

VBAX Tutor
    Exclamation DUPLEX PRINTING

Hi all,

I wish to create a copy of my existing printer for duplex purposes (I saw this mentioned elsewhere in the forum) or find a suitable macro for duplexing documents without having to choose the printer settings on each occasion. We waste a lot of paper each time we get it wrong.

I seems that copying an existing printer and changing its settings to duplex is the easiest way but when I tried I found that there was no way of making a copy on our system (windows server 2003).

I may have overlooked a simple step but I can't see it. I hope someone can help in that regard or offer me an alternate solution this very common duplex problem.

Regards,

Greg.

I've used the code linked from this Word MVPs article successfully in the past:
    How to use VBA to set duplex printing on or off

There's a fair amount of complex code in the Microsoft article it links to but you don't need to understand it, just copy and paste it then make some minor changes as per the Word MVPs article.

Regards

P.S. this might also help:
    'duplex' at vbaexpress

VBAX Tutor

I had seen the article you refer to but was concerned about the warnings that came with it. I have had a few bad experiences lately and don't need another one.

However, I did see a very interesting question from a contributor which appears to have gone unanswered. It included a Userform and code which seemed to provide an ideal solution but just like the contributor says, ticking the "double sided" box doesn't activate the duplex function and simply returns an error message. The following thread will take you to it.
    http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10300

If you know how to remedy the errant code please let me know as it does seem like a very uncomplicated way to deal with the duplexing issue.

Regards,

greg.

Hmm, I'm a bit stuck as on our network I don't have sufficient permission to add ports to a printer or to change its default duplex setting. Sorry.