Consulting

Thread: Solved: Combobox open with list already dropped down? or textbox perhaps.

Solved: Combobox open with list already dropped down? or textbox perhaps.

Hi (probably easy for somebody, but not me)

I have a combobox in Outlook which picks up data from an Excel spreadsheet and works fine. You can also type your own text.

I was wondering if its possible to have the dropdown list already down when the form opens to reduce the number of clicks by one when selecting.

It may not be possible or perhaps it's done through properties or code, but I can't figure it out.

I can use a Listbox but can't then enter data manually.

I've tried a TextBox but can't figure out if it can pick up the 5 items from the spreadsheet.

Thanks

JeffT

Knowledge Base Approver VBAX Master Oorang's Avatar
    I'm not sure you will be able to get it it to work on Form Load as the events available happen too early. But this might work as a next best thing.

[VBA]Private Sub ComboBox1_Enter()
    Me.ComboBox1.DropDown
    End Sub
    [/VBA]
    Cordially,
    Aaron

Keep Our Board Clean!
    • Please Mark your thread "Solved" if you get an acceptable response (under thread tools).
    • Enclose your code in VBA tags then it will be formatted as per the VBIDE to improve readability.

Sort of worked but the dropdown opened in the corner of the screen not where the dialog box opened. I've marked this as solved as I've decided to go with the Listbox, it does what I need and after a day of use I've decided it's better than the Combo.

Thanks for the reply

Jeff