Consulting

Thread: Make a textbox read only?

Make a textbox read only?

Hi,

Is it possible to make a text box in access form read only? If so can someone tell me how?

Regards,

VBAX Guru
    With the Form in Design Mode and it's Properties showing, look for the "Enabled" Property, set it to "No" instead of yes and it will be "greyed out" so that it can still be read but not added to or edited.

Thanks !

Another piece of information: If you set your textbox's Enabled property to 'No' and the Locked property to 'Yes' it will make it so the textbox is read only, but it looks normal- it won't be greyed out. It's a personal choice issue.
    -Randy Shea
    I'm a programmer, but I'm also pro-grammar!
    If your issue is resolved, please use Thread Tools to mark your thread as Solved!

PODA (Professional Office Developers Association) | Certifiable | MOS: Access 2003

Owesome... it took me hours to find out this....

Don't forget to mark your thread complete
    "From the ashes of disaster grow the roses of success" - Chitty chitty bang bang

"I fear not the man who has 10,000 kicks practiced once. I fear the man who has 1 kick practiced 10,000 times" - Bruce Lee

Its an old thread but CreganTur's solution is not working in 2016 Excel, ActiveX TextBox. I am setting the Enabled property to False and Locked to True but text box text is still greyed out. Any suggestion?

Use a Label formatted to look like a TextBox.
    I expect the student to do their homework and find all the errrors I leeve in.

Please take the time to read the Forum FAQ