Consulting

Thread: Deactivated macros

VBAX Regular
    Question Deactivated macros

I am quite new to VBA. I am working on a workbook that includes several macros, including a workbook open macro. These macros are not complex. When I try to execute the macros for testing or otherwise, Excell tells me that the macros have been desactivated for this project. I can run with no problem another project that has similar macros without getting the "deactivated message". I have changed the choice to either "accept all macros" or "deactivated macro with notification" in the management center for confidentiality without positive results. I have set the directory for the workbook in the "approved location" in the management center for confidentiality. No positive results. When I open the workbook I do not even get a message that the macros are deactivated. They simply do not run. When I get into the VBE module and try to execute any macros from that projet I get the message of "deactivated macros". This is not the first time that it happens to me. Last time I decided to start from scratch. How can I avoid this? Any suggestions about why I get deactivated macros for the projet that do not respond to changes in the management center for confidentiality. And how to solve the problem? Thanks.

Knowledge Base Approver VBAX Guru GTO's Avatar

What version of Excel are you using? (to wit: 2000, 2003, 2007)

Mark

VBAX Regular

I use Excel 2007

Claude

Respectfully, you only need to post the reply once... Anyways, I'm sure that you'll get some help, but as 2007 is different and newer than what I have access to (2000 and 2003), it would be best to wait for a 2007 user to answer.

Best of luck,

Mark

PS - Hey, I just realized that you just joined. Congratulations and Welcome :-) You will 'meet' some very nice folks here who are very helpful

"Cat killin' curiosity" got the best of me, so called a buddy (Demosthine).

Claude, take a looksee at the workbook that won't the code won't run in. Is the extension ".xlsx" ?

If yes, open and saveas to extension ".xlsm".

Does that help?

Mark

VBAX Regular

Extension is xlsm from the beginning (saved as file supporting macros).

Thanks

Claude

Sorry 'bout that. I am at a loss then. :-(

Mark

Steve
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
    -Abraham Lincoln