Consulting

Thread: Solved: if & vlookup

Solved: if & vlookup

=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(Question_1,Points_Q1,2,FALSE)),"Error",VLOOKUP(Question_1,Points_Q1,2,FALSE))
    i now need this code to look at range Question_4 and if this equals "Expection" then

=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(Question_1,Points_Q1,3,FALSE)),"Error",VLOOKUP(Question_1,Points_Q1,3,FALSE))
    other wise

=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(Question_1,Points_Q1,2,FALSE)),"Error",VLOOKUP(Question_1,Points_Q1,2,FALSE))
    Can anyone help?

Is this possible

if this helps this is the code I am trying to replace but the criteria above

.FormulaR1C1 = _
                        "=IF(OR(ISNA(MATCH(RC26,Ltable!R17C6:R22C6,0)),AND(RC21<>1,RC21<>2)),0,VLOOKUP(RC26,Ltable!R17C6:R22C8,IF(RC21=1,2,3),0))"

Distinguished Lord of VBAX VBAX Grand Master Bob Phillips's Avatar
    =IF(NOT(ISNA(vlookup1)),vlookup1,IF(NOT(ISNA(vlookup2)),vlookup2,...

Abusus non tollit usum

Last night I dreamed of a small consolation enjoyed only by the blind: Nobody knows the trouble I've not seen!
    James Thurber

further help required

Sorry for late reply xld .. Been really ill. I don't understand your response can uclarify?

I was just giving you the syntax of how to do it, you would need to embed your formulae in the appropriate points.

Abusus non tollit usum

Last night I dreamed of a small consolation enjoyed only by the blind: Nobody knows the trouble I've not seen!
    James Thurber

thanks for the syntaxbutim stillhaving major issues with this what imn trying to acchieve is below
    if question_4 is equal to "exception"
    [VBA]
    then
    =IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(Question_1,Points_Q1,3,FALSE)),"Error",VLOOKUP(Question _1,Points_Q1,3,FALSE))
    [/VBA]

other wise

Code:

[VBA]=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(Question_1,Points_Q1,2,FALSE)),"Error",VLOOKUP(Question _1,Points_Q1,2,FALSE))[/VBA]
    Last edited by khalid79m; 12-14-2008 at 01:14 PM.

In VBA, embedded quotes need to be doubled up.

Abusus non tollit usum

James Thurber

=IF(Question_4="Exception",VLOOKUP(Question_1,Points_Q1,3),VLOOKUP(Question_1,Points_Q1,2))
    I have managed to createthis worksheet formula but the vlookup doesnt seem to work right

is this whatyoumean

=IF(Question_4="Exception",IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(Question_1,Points_Q1,3,FALSE)),"error",VLOOKUP(Question_1,Points_Q1,3,FALSE)),IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(Question_1,Points_Q1,2,FALSE)),"error",VLOOKUP(Question_1,Points_Q1,2,FALSE)))
    this seems to work? can this be improved?

the vbaq code for anyonee reading this post inthe future, like xld said double up

.FormulaR1C1 = "=IF(Question_4=""Exception "",IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(Question_1,Points_Q1,3,FALSE)),""Error"",VLOOKUP(Question_1,Points_Q1,3,FALSE)),IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(Question_1,Points_Q1,2,FALSE)),""Error"",VLOOKUP(Question_1,Points_Q1,2,FALSE)))"

is this right xld?