Consulting

Thread: Solved: presentation.saveas puts out .pps, not .ppsx

Solved: presentation.saveas puts out .pps, not .ppsx

Used 2007 Powerpoint to load a .ppmx (macro) file. Then used Presentation.saveas filename ppSaveAsShow to generate a show presentation. The output is .pps which is not .ppsx or the new XML format. It is the old binary format. I tried to OR ppSaveAsShow with ppSaveAsPowerPoint7 using &. Did not work. How do I get XML output format?
    This is similar to Presentation.open where there is a new (not in the 2007 help file) comment at MSDN that adds XML types to the list of filetypes supported.

VBAX Master
    Used 2007 Powerpoint to load a .ppmx (macro) file. Then used Presentation.saveas filename ppSaveAsShow to generate a show presentation. The output is .pps which is not .ppsx or the new XML format. It is the old binary format. I tried to OR ppSaveAsShow with ppSaveAsPowerPoint7 using &. Did not work. How do I get XML output format?
    This is similar to Presentation.open where there is a new (not in the 2007 help file) comment at MSDN that adds XML types to the list of filetypes supported.
    ppSaveAsOpenXMLShow??
    John Wilson
    Microsoft PowerPoint MVP
    Amazing Free PowerPoint Tutorials
    http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoi...tutorials.html

Smile By golly. it worked.

By golly. it worked. Wherever did you come up with that? Oh - got it:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb265921.aspx
    i.e. whats new in 2007 office. Should have looked there. Thanks.

Site Admin
    Urban Myth
    VBAX Guru

Go ahead and mark your thread Solved by going to Thread Tools | Mark Thread Solved | Perform Action.